Winners in long-term post-acute care and senior living organizations are recognized for their exceptional work throughout the pandemic and amid the labor crisis
Cleveland, OH – April 27, 2022 – OnShift, a leader in human capital management software for post-acute care and senior living, today announced the winners of its annual OnShift Applause Awards which recognize and support individuals who have demonstrated exemplary work in long-term post-acute care and senior living settings.
The pandemic and labor crisis have touched every staff member in healthcare in some way. Of over 2,000 long-term care, senior living and healthcare professionals, 79% indicated they are most concerned with staffing shortages. Employee retention, recruitment, and managing employee burnout have also become top organizational priorities while still ensuring shifts are filled and patients and residents receive top quality care. The OnShift Applause Awards recognize the contributions of those who help address these ongoing challenges and continuously go above and beyond their job description to make an impact on their colleagues’ lives and those they serve. Winners were selected from hundreds of nominations and evaluated on a range of criteria including their impact, resourcefulness, and compassion.
Individually and collectively, these winners have put tremendous effort into their organizations, creating a lasting impact on their colleagues, patients and residents. Some of these efforts include, but are not limited to, creating and implementing incentive programs, improving staff communications, negotiating competitive employee benefits and wages, easing hiring processes, selecting technology that relieves administrative burden, and maintaining staffing needs. The pandemic and labor crisis have presented numerous challenges, but these winners have continuously stepped up and played key roles in their organizations’ and communities’ success.
The 2022 OnShift Applause Awards winners are:
- Impact Award – Among OnShift clients, this award recognizes outstanding human resource professionals at the community, regional or corporate level who have made a mark on their colleagues and communities.
- Heather Backlund, National Director of Human Resources at The Goodman Group
- Alex Dato, Business Office Manager and Human Resources at Five Star Senior Living at Tuscany Villa of Naples
- Rita Winston, Director of Human Resources at Forest Hills of DC
- Innovator Award– Recognizes administrators or executive directors at a long-term post-acute care or senior living organization who use OnShift. Innovators have excelled in creativity and inspire their colleagues and those around them.
- Tasheena Duncan, Administrator at Chosen Healthcare at Summerfield Health Care Center
- Liz Howard, Administrator at Touchstone Communities at Frank M. Tejeda Texas State Veterans Home
- Cosmas Saina, Administrator at Neuvant House of Lawrence
- Scheduler of the Year Award – OnShift’s 10th annual Scheduler of the Year award recognizes dedicated staff schedulers who go above and beyond and are dedicated to facilitating proper staffing with the use of OnShift to drive excellent care.
- Sanford Gray, Staffing Coordinator at Vicar's Landing
- Paula Lane, Administrative Coordinator at Carol Woods
- Monica Ransome-Forde, Scheduler and Payroll Coordinator at Aurum Post-Acute Network at The Boston Home
- Best in Care Award – Recognizes frontline caregivers and care staff in long-term post-acute care, senior living or other non-acute care settings who deserve recognition for their selflessness, support, and commitment to resident and patient care. Nominations were open for all caregivers regardless of whether their employer uses OnShift and yielded six deserving finalists. The overall winner of the Best in Care award was selected by the public’s vote earlier this month.
- John Clark, CNA and Transport Driver at Signature HealthCARE at Surrey Place Care Center
“It is an incredible honor to recognize these individuals and hear directly from their colleagues about their role in providing exceptional care and service to our nation’s seniors. Although each individual and organization has faced different situations, the overall passion, dedication, and diligence every one of these winners has demonstrated is truly inspirational,” said Mike DiComes, Senior Vice President of Customer Success at OnShift. “While we work closely with our clients and users every day, the OnShift Applause Awards provide us the opportunity to further understand the challenges and successes of some of the most exceptional people in the industry. We are thrilled to give them much deserved recognition and we congratulate all nominees and this year’s group of stand-out winners.”
To learn more about the OnShift Applause Awards and the 2022 winners, please visit: https://www3.onshift.com/onshift-applause-awards-2022.
About OnShift, Inc.
OnShift’s next-generation human capital management platform fundamentally transforms the relationship between healthcare organizations and their employees. Our innovative approach to recruitment, hiring, workforce management, pay and engagement fosters a culture where people want to work. That’s why thousands of healthcare organizations rely on OnShift’s integrated suite of software and services to dramatically reduce turnover rates, decrease costs and improve the quality and continuity of care. For more information, visit www.onshift.com.
Chief Marketing Officer
email@example.com | 216-920-5038
firstname.lastname@example.org | 774-218-1509