Nothing makes me happier than writing this blog post. I’m not kidding! Because the team here at OnShift has been working very hard for quite some time on a new product that I’m excited to share with you: OnShift® Engage™.We have seen how difficult it can be for providers to engage employees so they stay long-term. That’s the genesis behind OnShift Engage, offering easy-to-use tools to improve staff satisfaction and engagement. Research shows that an engaged workforce delivers major benefits*:
- 22% higher profitability
- 10% higher customer ratings
- 21% higher productivity
- 25% lower turnover
- 37% less absenteeism
We have taken all of this into consideration as we develop OnShift Engage. Working hand-in-hand with our clients and others in the senior care market, we learned that some of the most pressing issues stem from poor relationships between staff and their managers; lack of communication; limited opportunities for staff to share feedback; and employees feeling undervalued.
Things need to get better. Change needs to happen, and we are committed to be part of that change.
OnShift has been dedicated to solving workforce challenges in long-term care and senior living since our inception nearly 9 years ago. OnShift Engage is the latest expansion to our suite of software solutions to hit these issues head on.
Our product teams have embedded their core design principles into OnShift Engage to bring real value to you. The result is a modern, easy-to-use, data-driven solution that helps create a better workplace. Here’s how:
- Employee satisfaction measurement – pulse surveys capture fast and frequent staff feedback in real-time so managers can quickly take action.
- Employee recognition and rewards – automated points-based rewards system tracks and incentivizes employee behaviors so contributions are highlighted and rewarded.
- Manager, team and employee communications – prompted messaging facilitates consistent communications to grow the relationship between managers and employees.
- New hire tracking – onboarding dashboards monitor new employees to promote retention.
- Employee performance reporting – management visibility into employee and team satisfaction and performance.
It’s a great solution! But don’t just take my word for it. Here’s what one of our customers has to say about OnShift Engage.
“We see OnShift Engage as a way to differentiate our organization and improve employee retention. The ability to easily provide feedback, spur communication and recognize good work feeds directly into what our employees want and what they expect. Employee engagement is one of the top priorities at Altercare, and we are excited to use OnShift Engage to help us achieve this goal.”
-- Dan Leamon, Executive Vice President of Operations, Altercare of Ohio.
Hopefully I’ve piqued your interest! There’s a lot more to come with OnShift Engage, including resources as well as best practices on engaging employees in long-term care and senior living. Stay tuned and please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions or feedback you may have.
*Gallup, How Employee Engagement Drives Growth. Results based on work units in the top quartile in employee engagement outperformed bottom-quartile units