OnShift Announces Employee Scheduling On-The-Go with New Mobile App
Full Suite of Mobile Scheduling Capabilities Improves Employee Work and Home Life Balance and Increases Employee Engagement
CLEVELAND, October 7, 2013 — OnShift, the leader in staff scheduling and labor management software for long-term care and senior living, today announced a new OnShift mobile application with a full suite of scheduling and shift management capabilities for employees. The OnShift mobile application empowers employees with total access to and management of their work schedules on-the-go, at any time, from any mobile device. With the ability to manage work preferences and shift options from the OnShift mobile app, employees strike a better home/work-life balance and senior care organizations gain higher employee engagement and satisfaction.
- The new OnShift employee-centric mobile app:
- Empowers staff with self-scheduling capabilities including the ability to request open shifts, swap shifts, submit PTO, and set work availability and communication preferences
- Creates best-fit schedules for both employees and the organization by merging self-scheduling with flexible approval workflows
- Communicates organization and staff notifications including schedule changes, open shifts, and broadcast announcements
- Gives employees 24/7 access to and management of their schedules from their mobile device
- Notifies employees of new schedules and available shifts with proactive alerts
- With OnShift’s easy-to-use mobile app, employees now have everything they need at their fingertips to manage schedules from their mobile device, which saves time and facilitates more desirable work schedules.
- By placing the power of OnShift’s open shift management and communications capabilities on a mobile device, long-term care and senior living organizations can resolve open shifts and scheduling issues faster and more efficiently than ever before.
- Through employee access and greater control of schedules from the mobile app, employees become more connected to and engaged with their employers, which increases satisfaction and creates a better work environment.
OnShift’s new mobile application will be delivered as an app for both the Android™ and iPhone®, providing a familiar user experience in each environment. The employee-centric scheduling capabilities of the mobile app are also available in the OnShift web application.
The new OnShift mobile application will be generally available later this year. Visit OnShift at American Health Care Association Convention & Expo, booth 917 for a preview.
“Keeping our staff happy and engaged is extremely important to Altercare,” states Diane Geis, Executive Vice President of Human Resources, Altercare of Ohio. “Work schedules mean a lot to our employees. The range of capabilities and flexibility offered in the new OnShift app will go a long way in helping create schedules that work best for everyone. Smartphones are the lifeline for many of our staff members, so I expect this app to be a home run at Altercare.”
“The new employee mobile app reinforces OnShift’s commitment to simplifying the scheduling process and making it accessible, convenient and easy-to-use,” states Mark Woodka, CEO, OnShift. “Keeping staff members involved and engaged with their employers is a key priority, as many providers in long-term care and senior living struggle with extreme turnover. Everything employees need to manage their schedules is now available at their fingertips, which is a win-win for both staff and employers through greater employee engagement and satisfaction.”
Adoption of mobile devices is prolific, with four billion mobile phones currently in use. By 2014, mobile will be the most common way of accessing the Internet[i].
Staff satisfaction is a major challenge in long-term care, with turnover rates for direct care staff reaching 52.8%[ii]. Lack of schedule “fit” or inconsistency in the work environment is commonly cited as a top reason employees leave their jobs.
About OnShift, Inc.
Long-term care and senior living providers rely on OnShift staff scheduling and labor management software to control labor costs and increase efficiencies so nurses have more time for care. OnShift predicts and prevents overtime and understaffing while dramatically reducing time spent on scheduling and managing open shifts. Fully integrated with time-keeping, HR, clinical and payroll systems, OnShift provides a unified view into staffing levels and labor costs across buildings. Customers choose OnShift because it’s the easiest-to-use scheduling solution with a tightly integrated communications platform, delivering fast ROI. For more information visit www.onshift.com.